Skip to main content

REAL FOOD For Rookies by Kelly Moeggenborg


Not long ago, I didn't have a clue about the critical need to feed my family real food or how others made it look so easy. I didn't know how to find the time, what to buy, how to afford it, how to cook it, or even how to get them to like it. With all the different "experts" making so many different claims, the whole thing seemed like it was just too much to figure out. For a long time I struggled, researched, de-conflicted the claims of the so-called "experts", and wondered "How in the world do people make this looks so easy?" Today, I know how much real food matters. Now I know that it's worth the time to learn and make the necessary changes that result in a healthier, happier life.
Do you want kids who behave and learn well? Are you ready to finally feel good again and go off your medications? Do you want to avoid chronic diseases like cancer, obesity, and diabetes that have afflicted so many of our loved ones?
At the beginning of my real food journey, I wished someone had a simple, step-by-step class I could attend to help me get there more efficiently and with confidence. At the end of my real food journey, I developed the Real Food for Rookies online class so that other beginners would have it available as a vital resource.

You can do this! And you don't have to do it alone. Real Food for Rookies will get you and your family on the right track so you can be healthy again, or stay that way!

Read more here: http://KellytheKitchenKop.com/Real-Food-for-Rookies

Available on Amazon and Deeper Shopping (currently just $5.99)

About the Author:

KELLY MOEGGENBORG lives near Grand Rapids, Michigan with her husband of 27 years and their 4 children.

Following a lifetime love affair with convenience foods, in 2004 she went through a “food transformation” after discovering the Weston A. Price Foundation. This motivated her to begin passionately researching how to eat and live better.

In late 2007 the ‘politically incorrect’ KELLY THE KITCHEN KOP website was born and went live on January 1st, 2008.

Since then, Kelly’s mission has been to shine the light on the truth, and help others retain or regain their health with the knowledge she has gained from her own family’s transition to Real Food.

In addition to blogging, she teaches an online class called, ‘Real Food for Rookies’ and is a former Weston Price Foundation co-chapter leader. As if life wasn’t crazy enough, she also now homeschools three of their children, with their oldest now graduated from college and on his own.

The source of greatest nourishment in her life is not food, but faith. A faithful Catholic Christian, Kelly is in love with the Lord and tries her best to follow Him day by day.


I received this book courtesy of the author and TBCN in exchange for my honest review. 

My Thoughts:

I was quite excited to receive this book. And although I have not completely read through every bit of it yet, I am happy to say, I have already gleaned a lot of information. My two biggest problems are - my family - they like the junk food (not sayin' I don't), and finding and implementing healthy foods on a low budget.  It seems like finding healthy food would be easy, you just buy low fat, and organic, etc.. etc.. But labels can be deceiving and just because it's low fat, diet, etc.. doesn't mean its good for you! I thought her charts were beneficial and helped me see the pros and cons. I learned some valuable information on dairy products, I wasn't aware of also.

As a stay-at-home mom, I cook on a daily basis. And although I am eager to transition to more healthy eating, I most likely will not do it all at once.  I am so glad to have a resource that will teach me how to look for and purchase the healthy foods, along with how to change over without completely shocking my family.

If you are new to the whole Real Food idea, this book is probably for you. Kelly also includes some recipes and tips for saving money. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WildFlower - Review and Giveaway - Ended

Creatively gifted, college student Chloe Moray (portrayed by Nathalia Ramos, known for BRATZ,  Arrested Development ,  House of Anubis ) finds solace from a difficult childhood in her extraordinary art. But when an alarming dream begins to recur nightly, Chloe starts to believe that it might be a suppressed memory and that she may have witnessed a terrible crime as a little girl. Her search for peace takes her on a journey that forces Chloe to confront her past traumas and leads her to cross paths with Josh (Cody Longo, known for NOT TODAY,  Hollywood Heights , Nashville), a young man dealing with his own painful loss. Together they find in each other someone they can trust

Night Night Farm by Amy Parker w/ Giveaway - Ended

Congratulations to our Winner - Lynne In  Night Night , Farm by Amy Parker, parents and little ones will unwind as sweet farm animals in pj's say goodnight to their farm, their mommies and daddies, and to God. Rhyming verse, calming artwork, and whimsical renditions of favorite farm animals in their cozy beds will make this bedtime book a favorite for years to come. My Thoughts: This book is so adorable. I am already loving that one day I will be able to use it with my grandchildren. It is a hard back padded type cover. The pages are board book style with beautiful illustrations, brightly colored and full of the most adorable farm animals you've ever seen. They will capture your heart, as well as you child's.  Each page consists of a different animal going to sleep, written in poetic style with the animal sound and name of the animal at then end of each prose. The last page affirms how God made all these animals and "me too"! The child will learn about ...

Interview with Author Lori Benton and GIVEAWAY

Today I want to welcome Lori Benton to the blog. She is the author of two books Burning Sky and her most recent novel  The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn .  Lori Benton was born and raised east of the Appalachian Mountains, surrounded by early American and family history going back to the 1600s. Her novels transport readers to the 18th century, where she brings to life the Colonial and early Federal periods of American history, creating a melting pot of characters drawn from both sides of a turbulent and shifting frontier, brought together in the bonds of God's transforming grace. When she isn’t writing, reading, or researching 18th century history, Lori enjoys exploring the mountains with her husband – often scouring the brush for huckleberries, which overflow the freezer and find their way into her signature huckleberry lemon pound cake. Now, let's see what Lori has to say:  ( Lori's answers are in green )