Skip to main content

Updates and Winner of DVD

Probably needless to say, this week I am knee deep in finishing up my Christmas "stuff". I am sewing, crocheting, and wrapping gifts. I have also been finishing up last minute jobs for customers and baking.

I had Christmas with some friends on Monday and look at this cute skirt I got! I love it! 
I have been reading some great books lately. Not as many as I would like to be getting through, but the ones I have been reading have been really good. I hope you caught my review of Newton and Polly, and also my review of Where Only God Could Lead, The Life Story of Don Sisk. Although one is fiction based on a true story and one is a biography they are both inspirational books.

Now for the winner of the Joey and Rory DVD - To Joey with LOVE!

The Winner is Becky, comment #1. And was chosen by Random.org.
Thank you to all of you who participated in the giveaway. Keep an eye out for other upcoming drawings.

I am still working through Overwhelmed by Kathi Lipp. I could have breezed through this book, but honestly there is so much great information to chew on, that I am working through it a little more slowly to process it all! It is exactly what I needed, and I can't wait to start off the new year on a clean page! How exciting to put in practice all these things in my life.
This is a book  you don't want to miss getting and the perks for pre-ordering it before the end of December are amazing!! If you pre-order by December 31st, you will receive FIVE (did I say five?) YES!! FIVE of Kathi's books free from BookShout and also the Overwhelmed planner free too!! All you have to do is submit your receipt on the Overwhelmed website. This is an incredible offer! I even ordered one for a friend. And the other AWESOME NEWS is that Amazon is releasing it before Christmas!! Don't miss this deal!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Body's Mine by Kayla Marnach

My Body's Mine helps children learn they have the rights to their body. Told through rhyme from a child's point of view this book on boundaries empowers each child to say no when others approach them in ways that make them uncomfortable. It also gives clear instructions on what to do if they are approached in an unwanted manner. The questions at the end of the book provides an easy transition for counselors and parents to open a discussion to prevent abuse or to further explore if abuse has occurred.

Night Night Farm by Amy Parker w/ Giveaway - Ended

Congratulations to our Winner - Lynne In  Night Night , Farm by Amy Parker, parents and little ones will unwind as sweet farm animals in pj's say goodnight to their farm, their mommies and daddies, and to God. Rhyming verse, calming artwork, and whimsical renditions of favorite farm animals in their cozy beds will make this bedtime book a favorite for years to come. My Thoughts: This book is so adorable. I am already loving that one day I will be able to use it with my grandchildren. It is a hard back padded type cover. The pages are board book style with beautiful illustrations, brightly colored and full of the most adorable farm animals you've ever seen. They will capture your heart, as well as you child's.  Each page consists of a different animal going to sleep, written in poetic style with the animal sound and name of the animal at then end of each prose. The last page affirms how God made all these animals and "me too"! The child will learn about

A Challenging Perspective on Hospitality

  This book! Wow! What can I say? It's radical, convicting, and pushes you to live completely out of your comfort zone for the sake of the GOSPEL! Rosaria's personal story is a story of Grace - God's grace and a life transformed by the Gospel. She inspires us to practice true hospitality like the Bible commands. She talks about the importance of hospitality, how to use hospitality to share Jesus and the Gospel, and how our lives and those of others should be changed by it. She invites us to reach out, invite in, and love people of all different backgrounds, even those who don't particularly agree with us in lifestyle or otherwise. She propels us to love the sinner, while not condoning the sin. Hospitality - open arms, open table, a welcome to all.  I wish I could put into words how this book inspired me to take a good look at my own life and how I practice hospitality. It made me re-evaluate what I might think hospitality looks like and how to apply it to real life in c