Skip to main content

A Bible With Great Readability

The CSB Reader's Bible provides the perfect opportunity to read the Bible in its original and simplified form, uninterrupted by verse and chapter references. This unique Bible reading experience invites the reader to encounter God's Word as a grand narrative and have a fresh experience with the Bible.

Features include: Single-column reader's text, Simplified page design, 10-point type, Ribbon marker, Smyth-sewn binding, and more.


The CSB Reader's Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture's life-transforming message and to share it with others.

Available at Lifeway

My Take
I love this Bible. The cover is fabric over board with simple pattern on front, very nicely done, comes in a box case, also fabric covered. 

When I first opened this Bible, I wasn't sure what to think, I had never seen one without like this before. It was kind of weird with no chapters, or verses marked off, although you can tell where the chapters begin by a bold letter. After taking time to read some of it, however, I was amazed at how easily it flowed. With no separation of verses, and nothing else to distract, it's smooth sailing. It very simple, but flows naturally in an easy to understand text. 

I would highly recommend this for its readability. I am not really familiar with the Christian Standard version, never having read it before, but I looked up several key passages and they seemed close to the version I usually read from. I look forward to reading through this Bible in the future.

I was blessed with a copy of this Bible courtesy of B&H Publishers. I was under no obligation to review positively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WildFlower - Review and Giveaway - Ended

Creatively gifted, college student Chloe Moray (portrayed by Nathalia Ramos, known for BRATZ,  Arrested Development ,  House of Anubis ) finds solace from a difficult childhood in her extraordinary art. But when an alarming dream begins to recur nightly, Chloe starts to believe that it might be a suppressed memory and that she may have witnessed a terrible crime as a little girl. Her search for peace takes her on a journey that forces Chloe to confront her past traumas and leads her to cross paths with Josh (Cody Longo, known for NOT TODAY,  Hollywood Heights , Nashville), a young man dealing with his own painful loss. Together they find in each other someone they can trust

Night Night Farm by Amy Parker w/ Giveaway - Ended

Congratulations to our Winner - Lynne In  Night Night , Farm by Amy Parker, parents and little ones will unwind as sweet farm animals in pj's say goodnight to their farm, their mommies and daddies, and to God. Rhyming verse, calming artwork, and whimsical renditions of favorite farm animals in their cozy beds will make this bedtime book a favorite for years to come. My Thoughts: This book is so adorable. I am already loving that one day I will be able to use it with my grandchildren. It is a hard back padded type cover. The pages are board book style with beautiful illustrations, brightly colored and full of the most adorable farm animals you've ever seen. They will capture your heart, as well as you child's.  Each page consists of a different animal going to sleep, written in poetic style with the animal sound and name of the animal at then end of each prose. The last page affirms how God made all these animals and "me too"! The child will learn about ...

Interview with Author Lori Benton and GIVEAWAY

Today I want to welcome Lori Benton to the blog. She is the author of two books Burning Sky and her most recent novel  The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn .  Lori Benton was born and raised east of the Appalachian Mountains, surrounded by early American and family history going back to the 1600s. Her novels transport readers to the 18th century, where she brings to life the Colonial and early Federal periods of American history, creating a melting pot of characters drawn from both sides of a turbulent and shifting frontier, brought together in the bonds of God's transforming grace. When she isn’t writing, reading, or researching 18th century history, Lori enjoys exploring the mountains with her husband – often scouring the brush for huckleberries, which overflow the freezer and find their way into her signature huckleberry lemon pound cake. Now, let's see what Lori has to say:  ( Lori's answers are in green )